Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fashion Friday

Every Friday I will literally give you "A Peek of Chic" with the new.... Fashion Fridays!
I will include an outfit of the day, and a peek into why I love it so much.

Okay, picture this... It's a Friday, you are ready for the week to be over, but you still have one last grueling day left of school, work, or in my case usually both. So, you look in your closet and think, "What do I wear today?" You want cute and comfy paired together, and your thoughts stop at sweat pants! Some jobs don't let you wear sweat pants, therefore this option is out. However, if you are lucky enough to be allowed this luxury, you may just go for it. I have fallen for the sweat pants too many 8 am classes to count, and this is what always happens. I get to class all comfy and cozy, look around, and become instantly depressed. I start to think thoughts such as, "She looks adorable!" "Look at that shirt!" and "WOW! Love that outfit." That is when I get a giant burst of energy to wear a great outfit, and it is too late because I am already sitting in class. BOOOO! Major bummer!
That is why every girl out there needs to take my new trick, and learn from it. One key word will solve all your lazy day blues.... LEGGINGS!
They are comfy and cozy like sweat pants but when paired with a long sweater or dress they look adorable and fashionable. Viola, cute outfit in a snap. In the above picture I paired mine with a simple scarf that just added something further to my outfit without making it uncomfortable at all.
Also, you know what the best part is? Leggings are SUPER CHEAP. Mine come from Target, Kohls, and Forever 21 and all were under 10 dollars. You can't beat that.
So ladies, go dig through your closets, grab all your boyish sweat pants, and give them away! Splurge for leggings!
I know many people out there do not like leggings. For instance, I have a few friends who refuse to wear them. WHYYY??? I am at a loss for words...
A girl at my work showed me she even found flower leggings a few days ago. I need to see where she got them because they would look adorable with a little sweater dress.

Okay, so enough of my rant. I hope I got my point across to go buy leggings. Wear them loud and wear them proud. Get them in every color of the rainbow if that suits your fancy.

xoxo Ali

PS In the above picture, do you see my dog Eva? HAHA! I didn't see that when my sister first took the picture. Apparently, Eva wanted in, and she sneakily popped out from behind the couch just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment